Printer Cartridges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stupidly expensive. I've been buying from makro but they've just stopped doing them. I also tried refill kits from Tesco. They were fiddly but cheap, but I just went to get some and they don't do them any more. Any suggestions? I don't mind refilled ones.

Sponsored Links
I always used Badger Inks and generally bought their compatible version of Epson cartridges @ around 25% of the price of the original brand.

http://www.badgerinks.co.uk/Index.aspx

Their inks may have a slight difference in tone to the originals but for basic day to day printing they are an excellent buy.

Disclaimer:
I can't speak for other brands of printer.

The last ones I bought were from Amazon. Genuine Epson, but a fraction of the normal price.

Sponsored Links
buy a kodak.simples,
had enough of hp raping me nearly every month,
had nothing but trouble with a hp printer i bought when i got 2 new laptops,after getting replacement inks from hp,then a new carriage etc.they eventually sent me a new printer,STILL the fooking thing didnt work correctly.
kodak brillient.

What are these new printers that you don't put ink cartridges in? How do you refill them? Not sure what they're called.

buy a kodak.simples,
had enough of hp raping me nearly every month,
had nothing but trouble with a hp printer i bought when i got 2 new laptops,after getting replacement inks from hp,then a new carriage etc.they eventually sent me a new printer,STILL the fooking thing didnt work correctly.
kodak brillient.
Tried that. Kodak stopped making inkjet printers in 2013. And they didn't make a wide format one anyway, which is essential to me.

Thanks for the input. Best I've found so far for refills is Valueshop.co.uk. Seven quid for a multi pack of black and three colours compared to sixty odd quid elsewhere. The question is whether it's any good? I might order a set and give it a try.

What are these new printers that you don't put ink cartridges in? How do you refill them? Not sure what they're called.

Laser printers. :D

Possibly. Although research it more, it looks like it could be just a printer that orders it's own ink. Not as clever as I thought.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...-The-printers-that-never-run-out.html[/QUOTE]

I also thought this was some really clever printer that downloaded it's own ink. :LOL:

Possibly. Although research it more, it looks like it could be just a printer that orders it's own ink. Not as clever as I thought.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...-The-printers-that-never-run-out.html[/QUOTE]

I also thought this was some really clever printer that downloaded it's own ink. :LOL:

I may have misunderstood, but it sounds to me like a good method of ensuring you pay for their own cartridges and not some cheaper compatibles!

??? Laser printers need toner cartridges, which are just as fiddly, messy and even more expensive than ink cartridges. ( I know because I have to order and replace these at work) ;) ;)

Yes, I know. My earlier response was tongue in cheek!

Seriously, though, I'd buy a laser printer if it was just for A4 text, but we often do colour and occasionally A3. Colour laser printers are, apparently, not as good as inkjet for colour pictures and, as far as I know, to buy one that will do A3 would cost an arm and a leg.

Sponsored Links
Back