Prior To Brexit....

You mean that an informal agreement is not an agreement? :eek:

Or do you mean that for the next (some number of) years we will be using the WTO framework?

Nobody told me that what the Brexit vote was for. Why didn't Boris, Gove and Farage say so?

Sponsored Links
As I've said before, such faith in British management and institutions is, in my opinion, far too trusting.

They do not have a very good record.

I do not think Britain left to its own ways will be (as) good for the people.

Nobody told me that what the Brexit vote was for. Why didn't Boris, Gove and Farage say so
They did, you just refused to listen to them, because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

The brexiteers (sorry, quiters) knew what was going to happen; we'd vote leave, then sort out the issues afterwards. The remain camp wanted to stay, then when they lost decided that they weren't told what was going to happen, and so moaned it wasn't fair. You don't the settlement you're going to get when you start divorce proceedings, you just agree to divorce, and then sort out the settlement later, and neither side is ever happy with what they get, but that's life.

Personally, I'm not sure why we're still discussing this; we've voted out, so we now need to see what the EU and the brexiteers agree to, and just get on with it.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I'm not sure why we're still discussing this
Probably because every politician, news agency and anyone with a financial interest is discussing Brexit in every minute detail.
How comfy is your cave?

Probably because every politician, news agency and anyone with a financial interest is discussing Brexit in every minute detail.
How comfy is your cave

I know that Noseall, I'm interested in it as well, I'm meant that I'm surprised we're still arguing with Himmy/Wobs, when he's still trying to justify his failed views, and where're falling in to the trap of getting sucked back in, because whilst I'll change my viewpoint with each new piece of information that I come across, Himmy/Wobs is never going to admit defeat. It'd be far more interesting to speculate where things will go from here.

It didn't, it's happening pretty much as I anticipated it would. The pounds dropped more than I expected, but the recent sharp fall was down to rouge Asian computers that can read newspapers. But the difference is that I'm prepared to ride out the storm, rather than be frightened of it.

How much did it change when you found out the "divorce cost" today?

Jd.. you're obviously worried about a weak pound. Here's an idea. Start buying British products. Need a new digger? Buy JCB.
Need a new van? Buy Ford.
Need a new site dumper?
Buy an NC.
Get the idea?
And if you can't buy it then make it yourself and others from other countries will buy it because off our weak pound.
This will be the best medicine we've ever had. Evan Mrs T (who I know you just love, LoL... you like a wee spot of grave dancing don't you?) in all her glory couldn't have dished this one out.

Last edited:
please give me an example of a British product that does not have an imported content

Start with:
Cars
Plastic pipes
bread
TVs
Tomatoes
Tea
Coffee

obviously tomatoes grown using imported fertiliser and pesticides don't count, nor does anything transported in a truck that uses oil to make the diesel.

Edit starts here
Ha ha
He's edited his post after reading my reply.

Last edited:
You're far too pessimistic. But its suits your brexit bashing agenda.

Here's an idea. Start buying British products.
Are you serious! Are you honestly saying that in order to make Brexit successful we can somehow revive the glory days of pre-war Imperialist Britain? Reverse globalization?

The more I read about Brexit and its supporters, the more alarming the whole thing is becoming.

Sponsored Links
Back