Pro - Combi 85 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're getting a new boiler and central heating fitted and the company have quoted us for a Pro - Combi 85 HE boiler. I can't find any information on the internet so was wondering if anyone knew what this boiler was like?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Their rep was demonstrating these at my local merchants a few weeks ago. Very budget boiler (cheap - the 85HE was only £495.00 I think) but reasonably good for the price. 2 years parts and labour warranty from memory, although don't expect much of an after sales backup from the company.

In that price bracket, given the choice I'd look at a Main instead.

Out of interest how much did they quote for the job?

Everything now has a minimum 2 year g`tee whether it says it or not

Sponsored Links
I thought that too, but according to one of my suppliers, the UK did not sign up to that. Don't think it was a cop out as the particular product had extended warranty anyway, and I did not even know that.
How do you find out if it is true or not? Everybody has an opinion on this kind of stuff, but proof is scarce.
Would be good to know one way or the other.

Thanks Kev.
All I need now is a similar thing, equally clear, about whether or not England has signed up to a compulsory 2 year warranty on all boilers.

What do you mean: "impossible to get a clear answer from politicians"?

I thought that too, but according to one of my suppliers, the UK did not sign up to that.
UK not only signed up to it, they had no option, but they have better terms.

The EU legislation says that all goods have to conform to specification when sold. If a fault develops within six months, it is automatically assumed that the fault existed at time of sale and the retailer has to repair or replace free of charge. Over six months and up to two years it is the purchaser to show that the goods did not conform to spec. Manufacturers are free to provide a guarantee which has better terms, e.g free repair replacement for one or two years. But there must be no extra charge for the guarantee, so paid-for extended warranties are not the same thing.

In the UK the six-month rule still applies but the two year period is extended to six years. So if something fails with in six years of purchase, and the purchaser can show that the fault was inherent at time of purchase, he can claim against the supplier for repair or replacement. There is a catch in that the seller can take into account how much benefit the purchaser has had of the item. So, if a PC fails a month before the six years is up, the purchaser cannot expect to be suppled with a brand new PC for nothing.

I am currently pursuing Curries over an LCD monitor which died after just under 2 years use. I got an independent report which says that the problem was caused by overheating due to insufficient ventilation.

these boilers are same as vokera compact 25HE, Re badged as pro combi's, very good cheap boiler with vokera after sales back up, they may have slightl inferior parts fitted than original vokera ones?
But it is a band B boiler NOT a sedbuk A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back