Problem Adding second RKP to texecom 48 Elite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anybody advise please?

When I added another RKP, restarted the system, uploaded the wintex, confirmed devices from the engineer keypad. Confirmed devices, yes yes. When going to the "view RKP Status" it shows N1,R2 #NOT FITTED#. Looking at the wiring diagram in the manual and I'm now unsure. I have wired all 4 (+,-,T,R) for both RKPs to the panel Network 1. Is this correct.

The 2nd RKP behaves oddly, stops counting time, sometimes takes button requests but will not set alarm - something is obviously not right (most likely me - in the head)

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Did you set address on extra keypad to number 2 ? Via dip switch go to engineer utils / confirm devices you should have RKP 1 2 *** press yes yes

Hi again Sparkymarka. I did have the dip switches set differently than for RKP1 (which is all down - on) but didn't realise until you advised it had to the dips for RKP2. I have done this (of on off off - up down up up) cold booted reset etc. When I get to confirm I only see
NET RKP > 1...
1 EXP >....
and it still says N1, R2 Z1=. Z2=.
#NOT Fitted#

First thing to try is remove RKP 2 wiring from panel and connect rkp 2 via a short piece of cable is it there in confirm devices ? If ok check the cable for RKP 2 for shorts

Sponsored Links
If you press Yes and Menu on the keypad, top right it displays add=Eng or 001 to 008 you can have 001 to 004 as valid keypad addresses.

The keypad freezing out would suggest a connection issue. so check your T and R connections both ends.

Also what are the network leds doing at the panel the green and red leds.

Still same problem. For background info I have this set up on a bench with laptop connected using wintex, idea being I'll get it sorted with a dry run, connect up to the pre-installed cables (that I have run and mrked) in the house and Bobs your uncle - hmmm well that's the plan.

I have tested all of the connections for continuity test - all good.

I have one keypad set as eng on dips, the other set as RKP2 - is this correct or should the second be RKP1?

I have reset the NVM to default to focus on te keypad issue just in case something else was corrupting but no difference I'm afraid.

The network LEDs are Txt perm red and RX1 flashing,

If you press Yes and Menu on the keypad, top right it displays add=Eng or 001 to 008 you can have 001 to 004 as valid keypad addresses.

I can't see how to access this screen on the keypad

Sorry secureiam - being a bit thick. I have accessed yes and menu on both keypads: the one with dips set as eng is ADD001 but the other is ADD008? cant see how to change it

Guys - Thanks for your help and patience with this. I think it is now sorted. I reset the dips, would you believe the manual has the illustrations of the dip switches the wrong way round. i.e it says down is off when it is really on - this now stacks up with the display advise for the RKPs.

I now have the dips as ENG and 002. Should I set the RKP showing ENG to be 001?

Oh Dear - Humble pie for me, the manual is correct - I misread off and on (an arrow would have helped rather than just a table) :unsure:

Same question applies on ENG or 001 if you have the patinec to help - thanks

Thanks Guys - all sorted on that part now. Your help is valued and your information is accurate - brilliant. I'll now move forward to the next problem I'm sure - Keep your eye on me fella's :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back