Problem controlling radiator temp - some questions w/ photos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to control the heat on my radiator (too warm) by closing the main control valve. This seems to have no effect regardless of what I do to the control valve.

I then noticed what I think is the thermostatic valve. I am not sure how this works - it has a small pin protruding that you can adjust left or right. I recently (within a couple minutes of this post) moved the adjustable pin (shown in the photos below) all the way to the left. Not sure if this will make a difference.

Any ideas? I really want to get this thing cooled down as much as possible. Thanks in advance - been struggling with this for a couple months now.

Radiator
radiator.jpg

Thermostatic valve
thermostatic.jpg

Control valve
valve.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi.

This is the UK forum.

This is a strange radiator. No lockshield valve. I reckon it is a steam district heating or central steam boiler within a building.

Check that it is closed fully, clockwise for off, anti-clockwise for on.

You will need to speak to landlord as I think this is a block of flats.

Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back