Problem to switch off up2 model british gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I just moved to a new place, and I have tried to switch off the heater, with the setting on the up 2, first one on the top right, but for some reason the radiators are still hot? I have turn the radiators controllers done to 0 as well *
I have the hot water set up on the option "timed", but definitely off for central heating.
Im very worried that I' ll be charged for that, I did it a couple of weeks ago, and the radiators still are hot some hours during the day.
How can I be sure is completely off?
Thanks very much for your help!

Sponsored Links
Did you learn english from the "compare the merecat.com" adverts. :eek:

Could be several things, please to tell of your system details to us.....simples

More than likely you have a stuck diverter or zone valve depending on your system. The UP2 programmer only controls the power to the motor connected to the valve. If it's jammed into position water can pass through it even when the power is off. When your hot water cylinder is calling for heat, so of that heat is passing into your radiators. Simple solution is to call up BGfor a one of repair, or a local engineer :)

well Twgas, English is not my native language, I do try my best tho, That was very kind of you...

Anyway, I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, or it something that needs to be repair, will contact someone, Thanks a lot Tom!

Sponsored Links
Passing 3 way valve. I guess the rads only get hot when HW demand is on?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back