Problem wiring in Texecom Premier Odessey 1E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bell box was not working on our alarm so I replaced it with a new one - same model as before. I have a Veritas 8 control unit (date is 1999 on the PCB)

I matched all the wiring to the last one and have followed the wiring diagram.

When I switch the battery (left LED starts to flash) on put the box cover on I get the right LED flashing fast that is telling me Hold-off is active and remote power is removed (according to the instructions). It never seems to come out of this setting.

The Bell box is wired properly into the control unit and is receiving 12V on the +ve supply.

It should be giving me a left to right LED flash when on properly. It also does not ring on activation.

I think I've got the bell box set up right, but I'm wondering if there is a setting on the unit to activate the external sounder and is that why the LED is flashing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
If the unit is in hold off mode.

enter engineers code or user code prog 05 1, external bell should go into alarm press 1 or 0 to stop press reset twice.

The bell box should be out of hold off mode.

Thanks very much for your advice.

Neither the bell or the stone sound when I try this.

I think it must be related to the bell box thinking remote power is removed.

Any thoughts on why I am seeing the right LED flashing? That is indicating the hold off mode active and remote power removed and I don't see why it thinks remote power is removed?

According to instructions it should come out of hold off mode after 15 mins when I replace the bell box cover.

Should I try resetting the control unit?

Thanks,

I would check that the bell is connected correctly and you are getting 12V to the bell box first. Then if not you have to check your cabling, fuses etc and the 12V and 0 V on the panel are kicking out 12V.

Firing the bell is the easiest way to bring the bell out of hold off, but the bell and strobe arent working from what you said, indicating that something is wrong with the setup. Given that the previous bell isnt working either I would look at cables and fuses and check that the panel is kicking out the correct voltage across the 12V and 0V terminals.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I tested the control box with a meter and I was not getting 12V across the 12V and 0V feeds from the control box. The bell, stobe and tamper feeds were all working, but not the power feed. Solution: new control box! I've bought one tonight and I'm going to try and fit it tomorrow.

Hopefully, that should fix the issues and we should have a working external bell box for the alarm!

Thanks!

I tried changing the fuse, but it did not work.

I got a new control panel yesterday and fitted it. It is all working great and my outside bell box is working great too!

Thanks for the help,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back