problem with baxi 105 he boiler - flashing red light on 60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a boiler fitted about 18 months ago in a house i was renovating. i have had all the radiators off while decorating and only just got round to putting the radiators back on and trying to get the heating to work

as soon as i try the heating or hot water, the red 60 light starts flashing (low pressure?)

the pressure gauge was on 0 so i topped the system up to 1.5... but red light still comes back on as soon as i try the hot water or switch the heating on

Sponsored Links
The pump is airlocked.

Undo the screw in the centre and bleed the pump and make sure the auto airvent nipple is open

sorry plumbing not my strong point, which screw? and where is the auto airvent nipple? :?:

is it a simple job or would i be best off just calling a plumber?

Sponsored Links
cheers for the pics, i turned the screw on the pump but water started to trickle out straight away so i guess theres no air trapped in there?

well i tried taking that screw out, but after a while the water came out at quite a force and practically flooded my loft :eek: :eek:

uh oh... dont like that diagnosis much!

it hissed for a while like air was coming out, but then the water just came out like it was an open tap :eek: should that not happen?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back