Problem with Grohe dual flush valve 42314

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a concealed cistern with a Grohe dual flush 42314 (what I'll call the unit in the description below!). I had to remove the unit to refit the small air tube that attached to the flush button (it came off and wouldn't flush) and ever since I've been unable to stop the steady trickle of water into the pan. Not much, but enough to be noticeable in the bowl.

The Grohe unit itself seems to just rest in the inlet to the pan at the bottom of the cistern. It doesn't screw in or fix itself in any way, meaning that occasionally it just unseats itself. The large washer around the bottom looks okay but I can't get it to seat so that there's no trickle. It was fine before I removed it so I know it's probably something I've done. I just don't know whether I'm missing something.

As you've probably guessed, I'm no plumber, so any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris.

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris

I have exact same problem as you.
Wondering if you found out how to solve the problem.
Thank you.

Graham

Are you sure the cistern is not filling past the overflow point and is internally overflowing into the top of the flush valve?

Otherwise, check round the sealing washer at the base of the flush valve to see if any debris is preventing it from sealing... Don't be afraid to push down on it a little to see if that stops trickle into bowl! A little Vaseline around sealing washer wouldn't hurt if its letting by!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back