Problem with Ideal Isar Boiler HE24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

Although I have hot water when I want it and the last time (approx 3/52 ago) I needed heating I had it, I believe there is a problem (or 2!) with my boiler.

It was installed approx 4 years ago - for the last few weeks I have noticed it switching on more frequently than usual. There was an obvious leak which should now be fixed but I am still getting the boiler making noises every 2-3 minutes - an hour ago the display was "d" - noises but no light coming on (noises for about a minute) happening as I say, every 2-3 minutes. After being on comp and looking up advice/registering with this forum, have checked again - still coming on but now code is "E" but without the top horizontal line on the "E" AND the light coming on - again every 2-3 minutes! Now I believe the noises are the pump coming on and the light is the flame coming on - I understand about the hot plate needing to be kept hot and the "E" displaying etc, but surely not every 2-3 minutes? And I believe the "d" means hot water, but all taps definitely off - no light presumably means no gas being used??

Would be grateful for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
the "E" is actually a "T" , yeah i know. The T means "pre heat" this is normal and the boiler will fire up and burn gas, the problem you have is theres a leak on the hot water and the warm stored water is leaking out so the boiler is topping it up thinking you have a tap running. option 1. Feel the 2nd pipe from the left (15mm) is it warm/hot ? if so there is a leak on the pipe work somewere. option 2. turn the water going in to the boiler off thats the 2nd 15mm from the right theres a baller fix on it if the boiler stops running defo prob on the house side, iff its off and continues the boiler has a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back