Problem with Ideal isar combi boiler

Sponsored Links
Several different problems there. Leaks, possibly but probably just condensate traps blocked. Your own bl***dy fault, should have had the thing serviced innit. Blockage makes contacts wet which iirc comes up as flame failure.
See "boiler pressure problems" in reference section for explanation of, er, boiler pressure problems. NB these boilers have NO switch to detect low water pressure. If the boiler's in the loft the whole street gets to hear your water's low from the pump's dry bearings.

Flame detection electrode was wet when removing. but since put back dry.

No leaks in the system apart from it draining into the waste pipe when topping up system. Is there a valve that controls this? Or any other suggesions.

If it's 3 years old and never had a clean out / service then it will be a blocked sump / condensate trap as chris said. If the ignition electrode has the big red sleeve on it then that is the upgraded version. The only other problem I have had with an lf fault code is the connections into the side of the control box, they sometimes push through throught the plastic connector covers when you push them in so the plastic connectors clip into place but the pins don't connect.

Sponsored Links
Ideal said:
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=244039

I went to that post and saw this
Old Yesterday, 16:57 #7
rodgerq
MIGClub Member

is the the small water pipe that sticks out ther building? if so ours was doin the same. a plumber from the company came out and just capped it off

rodgerq

It costs money to join that site and although I would love to tell this guy that his 'plumber' may have created a bomb out of his heating system I ain't gonna pay money to let him know. Maybe you would like to? Unless you dont like him of course :evil:

Slugbabydotcom said:
Ideal said:

rodgerq
MIGClub Member

is the the small water pipe that sticks out ther building? if so ours was doin the same. a plumber from the company came out and just capped it off

rodgerq

It costs money to join that site and although I would love to tell this guy that his 'plumber' may have created a bomb out of his heating system I ain't gonna pay money to let him know. Maybe you would like to? Unless you dont like him of course :evil:

I saw that aswell but was sure I must have read it wrong....which do you reckon will pop first the auto air vent or the rad ??

No leaks in the system apart from it draining into the waste pipe when topping up system.
Do you mean the condensate drain (plastic) and not the pressure relief pipe? If so then there's a serious leak somewhere! If p.r. then see refs as above.

Ahh, thats where I am going wrong, need to cap off the safety discharge pipe and the plastic condensate pipes as well, fek me, all these years of drilling through walls to fit safety discharge pipes and all I needed to do was cap it off, I'm a twwaaatt aren't I.

ollski said:
Slugbabydotcom said:
Ideal said:

rodgerq
MIGClub Member

rodgerq

I saw that aswell but was sure I must have read it wrong....which do you reckon will pop first the auto air vent or the rad ??

I'm not worrying about him any more! He's obviously a boy racer so soon enough he will take the cap off and fit a big chrome racing can on it so when it blows off the whole neighbourhood will hear it. How cool is that:cool: for a boy racer :?:
Ok so if he doesnt my money is on the heat exchanger and when it blows up the whole neighbourhood will hear it. How cool is that:cool: for a boy racer :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back