problem with pumping over on my central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Just moved over to bulgaria from uk ,have problem with my C H system, its a diesel system( which i havent come across before) with a header tank,
problem being the expansion pipe is running hot water back into the header for 5 to 10 mins at a time,the expansion pipe is fitted before the external pump i cant read bulgarian yet but i think from the instruction manual that it has a internal pump fitted , if i take off the external pump would this solve the problem, the expansion pipe is only 13" above the header tank where ive read on this site it should be 18" any help on this would be appreciated as we cant phone for a plumber and bringing one over from the uk would be too expensive

Sponsored Links
Sorry but I really am not sure, but may be worth turning the pump speed down if it is on the highest speed and see if that helps

photos of pipework and pumps layout would help

you might think about a chemical clean as it might be caused by, and will certainly cause, corrosion sediment.

Sponsored Links
All pumping over is either a design problem or as a result of sludge.

An immediate possible DIY cure would be to ectend the vent pipe up as far as possible in an effort to contain the excessive pressure.

If its sludge problem then a des;ludger would be a possible solution. Sentinel X800 for about 4-6 hours on low CH would possible clear the problem. Then it would nead to be drained, flushed another time and then X100 inhibitor added.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back