Problems with Ferroli Optimax HE18 OV Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Hoping someone on here might be able to help us out in some way with information on what is most likely to be our problem with our Heating System...

So, we have the boiler in our loft with an expansion tank below it, feeding our hot water cylinder in our airing cupboard as well as the central heating controlled by a room thermostat in the hallway with an electric control panel to call the heating or hot water on.... supposedly..

Since the boiler was fitted, we have always had trouble with it, as follows:
- we can't control the hot water separately to the central heating, and can only have hot water if the heating was on.
- The time switch timer controls have never worked, and so can only use it by manually turning on / off
- The water gets so ridiculously hot it is dangerous. regardless of the temperature setting selected on the cylinder stat, or on the boiler itself.
- We would struggle to turn the heating on or off via the control panel, in that when you turned the switch to off, it would stay on, so we had to turn the thermostat down to click before turning it off for it to register. this didn't always work, and you had to jiggle it, and try it in different combinations for it to register.
- The same with turning it on, with the opposite of turning the stat down to zero, turning on the switch, then turning up the stat to click.
- now, we cannot turn the heating on or off via the timeswitch at all regardless of what we do in timeswitch / thermostat combos...
- The boiler frequently bangs - so loud it makes my dog jump when he's in the garden, also there is a round cover cap on top of the boiler that keeps blowing off!
- The pressure in the expansion tank keeps dropping - I have to top it up every other day.
- The water has now stopped heating up altogether regardless of what setting we have turned on, or where we try to change the water temperature.

hoping someone on here can read this and know a common cause for all of these issues?... Any ideas?
[/code]

Sponsored Links
Common cause is a Ferroli installer.

You need some one to come out, pull the installation apart and piece together what he can.

Preferably putting in a real boiler.

Not the news you want, but quality heating and hot water costs money.

Sponsored Links
Your system sounds dangerous, your a bit beyond sorting it out yourself, I would strongly recommend you get someone in to get it sorted.

That's what I thought would be general consensus.... Trouble we have is the house is rented. The landlord refuses to spend any more money on it as he's sent a few people out to try to sort it... I have no idea how much it might be likely to cost, even just to get someone out to look at it...
Thanks for your responses. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back