Problems with new style Potterton Suprima PCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After experiencing the usual lockout problems, I replaced the PCB on my Suprima 40 with one of the style ones (part no. 5111506). The boiler has been fine for the last three years but is now playing up again.

Sometimes I get the flashing green light (temp satisfied) almost immediately after the boiler fires up when the water is still cold, other times the boiler indicates no external call for heat when there definately is.

I suspect that the PCB is faulty but am open to other suggestions.

If it does turn out to be the PCB, have I just been unlucky in having a fault develop, or are the new style PCB's as bad as the older ones?

Sponsored Links
You need to check that you are getting a 'call for heat' from your building controls on the SL connector.

Only then can you blame your 3yr old PCB.

You could have an intermittent pump, for instance.

But it is not unknown for any Poxi Batterton PCB to throw in the towel, 3yrs is a lifetime in their eyes!

Looks like it isn't the PCB - just checked SL and there is only 150V there when the CH only is on as compared to 240V when HW is on which suggests that either the switches in the CH zone valve or the wiring is at fault.

It seems that the drop in voltage to 150V at SL confuses the PCB resulting in the temp satisfied condition. Boiler seems to work fine when HW is on and there is 240V at SL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back