Problems with Ultraframe Roofing System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is my Ultraframe Roofing System discolouring in certain places, when other parts are not?

201000_200900_64131_98709857_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
You'll find that ridge capping is coextruded differently to the other parts. Even though it's an Ultraframe Roof, the bars and poly come from 2 different people and that ridge kit could have been made elsewhere too.

how old is it? the guarantee should cover discoloured parts

The conservatory was installed in 2011. The discolouring started within the first 6 months.

I approached Greenway the installer, Ultraframe the manufacturer of the roofing system and the BBA in regards to the quality.

Its the usual routine, no one cares once they have obtained the money.

Sponsored Links
Write them a letter saying the top cap is not fit for purpose as the guarantee covers discolouring, (which it should). And that you want it replacing within reasonable time or further action will be taken. Dig out any receipts and copy them. They will get a new top cap from ultra frame for free so it's just if they can be arsed coming swapping it

An official letter was sent to Greenway detailing all the problems with the conservatory that needed doing.

The ex-Director, now Managing Director even visited my family home on several occasions, took his own substantial list of problems.

Greenway are blackmailing my family, that they will only conduct certain aspects of the repair work and my family's CCTV Security must be switched off, whilst they are present.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back