propane gas (im new to forum and need help)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry if this is in wrong section.
i need help with propane and just joined (not sure if correct forum to join)

anyway my mum lives in a mobile home
and the cooker is propane (outside propane bottle)

thing is the propane cooker looks really old
and i'm worried for my younger brother etc (i think it might have a leak)

but i think the cooker leaks(not the actual pipes to it,im not positive though as it has the same weird smell everytime its used

should i put washing liquid and water (50/50) in a garden sprayer and spray around pipes and connections? (although im more worried about the cooker itself)

as i dnt like the way its made (took off top part under rings and im shocked how the gas gets to the rings as i think gas could escape everywhere (i could take pics)

maybe all propane cookers are like this i dnt know as im not good with gas/propane im more a lil handyman with plumbing electrics (but gas i scratch head)

please help any1 with knowledge of propane or gas

thank you

Bret

Sponsored Links
Don't you think it wise to get someone who does know about LPG to check it?
It may cost you a few quid but at least you won't end up standing in a pool of explosive vapour if it is leaking. Do the sensible thing and turn it off until you've had it checked ;)

It may cost you a few quid but at least you won't end up standing in a pool of explosive vapour if it is leaking. Do the sensible thing and turn it off until you've had it checked ;)

Assuming that this isn't a wind up, the above is perfect advice. LPG is MUCH more dangerous than Nat. Gas. Don't just be concerned about your bros., there are plenty of otherfolk around

Assuming that this isn't a wind up, the above is perfect advice. LPG is MUCH more dangerous than Nat. Gas. Don't just be concerned about your bros., there are plenty of otherfolk around

hi umm basically when the cooker is off i dnt notice a smell but when in use i do a bit,i make sure all windows are open as my mums mobile home doesn't have a fan extractor anywhere in the daym place.

anyway i was thinking to take off the top and spray soapy water around the piping stuff actually in the cooker use it and see if it only works where it should and no bubbles are anywhere else as that should indicate its only escapeing at the rings (where it should)

what you think?

ps i could take a pic of why it worries me tomorrow or something

Sponsored Links
Your open window will be of no use to you as lpg is heavier than air, hence the pool at your feet.

Be a good lad now and get someone in

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back