Protecting garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my previous question about shock sensors in wondering if I should protect the whole garage with a decent dual tec pir instead?

I've got three fixed pane windows, pedestrian door and a roller shutter door

I'd appreciate some thoughts on what is best, one pir or shocks & contacts

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I suppose it depends on what you are protecting in the garage.

A PIR only will only detect once the garage has been broken into, perimiter protection i.e door contacts and the windows shock detectors hopefully will active sooner.

I suppose that is a good point, small items like tools, by the time the windows have been smashed it's too late... I'm not sure how I'd fit a contact to a roller door though?

Sponsored Links
Will that not get caught in the mechanism when the door rolls up? Or does the door stop short of rolling entirely up? Sorry, I've not fitted the door yet either!

Will that not get caught in the mechanism when the door rolls up? Or does the door stop short of rolling entirely up? Sorry, I've not fitted the door yet either!

only the magnet attaches to the door and no it wont roll into the mechanism on a normal roller shutter door, the other part is screwed to the floor (connected via a seperate joint box)

If they cut a hole in the roller shutter, you'll want the dualtec.

I'd use contacts AND a dualtec. Vipers would be useful if you sant a confirmed alarm (two activations on intrusion).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back