Protecting LED downlights.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on protecting led down lights. I have recently purchased 100mm DFM Acoustic Insulation and intend to install it in my ceilings between the ground floor and first floor.

I wish to put led down lights into the ceilings, so i would like to know what measures i need to take to stop the insulation catching fire. e.g is there a box or something that i can put around the down light, so the insulation can still go over the top, so it does not compromise the sound insulation to much?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
With LEDs it's not about "not catching fire" as they don't create as much heat, but about "not making them die from overheating" as they are far more sensitive to heat. The main thing is to read the manufacturer's installation instructions and follow any restrictions/advice given therein.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back