Protherm 80E. F1 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've a protherm 80E which after curing a leaking relief valve giving F0 & F1 fault has developed a more persistent F1 fault when using DHW pressing reset clears the fault this now occurs a couple of time a day. My local engineer recommends a replacement boiler for £1200 and appears to be clutching at straws rather than finding the fault items changed so far are gas valve and gas valve PCB diverter valve & relief valve at a cost of £720
Can anyone recommend either a good engineer for Sheffield S21 or provide suggestions of other likely components?
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
British Gas and other firms will do fixed price repairs for about £300 and including parts and labour!

I will be criticised by the other engineers here if I tell you what I think of the engineer you have had there!

Tony

Boiler repairs are made by properly diagnosing the fault.

Then replacing the single cause of the malfunction!

Tony

How old is the boiler?
The other conundrum, of course, is how much money and time do you spend on an old, inefficient and perhaps poor quality boiler vs replacing it? You could end up with Trigger's broom :)

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,
many thanks for the replies, yes his diagnostic skills are u/s he assured me the fault would be either gas valve or valves PCB with no way of identifying the faulty component. It's about 8yrs old so should have some life left & with £700+ thrown at it I'm reluctant to write it off because of an incompetent engineer. What other items left could cause the F1?
Any recommendations for a competent engineer in the Sheffield area? Or is there an area list?
Many thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back