Pulling the Plug

Fink you need to be thinking totally about volume, not placing mass into the situation - unless you can shrink water under earthly compressions...

-0-

Sponsored Links
I know, but sometimes I just can't help myself. Deep down, everyone loves him, really! :love:
You really have to feel sorry for Joe. He gave his first "girlfriend a lovebite on the neck, but she farted and flew three times round the room and disappeared out of the window. Undeterred, Joe met/ordered, his next girlfriend, but sadly it wasn't to be,,, She ran off with an inner tube. :LOL::LOL:

The sink holes that open up are caused by the collapse of underground cavities, caused for example by mining, or rain water seeping down and dissolving limestone. As you go deeper, temperatures rise, and pressure increases, due to the weight of rock and water above. At the bottom of a deep ocean the pressure is massive, 1,000 times that at the surface. Any cavities were they to form would be crushed.

Don't worry though, there are plenty of possible extinction events. A giant meteorite could splat us. Global warming could destroy the climate. Sentient machines could destroy us c.f. Skynet. A pandemic could wipe us out. Nuclear war could break out, if old Vlad' gets upppity. Or if Islamists get hold of nuclear weapons. It might pay to be ready to paint your windows white, and buy an extra thick dining table.

Good point about the pressure...I wasn't accounting for that. Oh well, at least it seems there's one less thing to worry about, not that I worry about any of these kind of things. Que sera, sera! ;)

Sponsored Links
I think the thing to worry about is if there are any earth quakes or land slips under the ocean and they cause a tsunami. That's what I think will wipe out mankind...(But not just yet!!)

Back