Puma boiler wattage

Sponsored Links
Sorry.........I'll try again. What is the Puma's total power consumption in watts or amps if you prefer.

Amps is not a measurement of power consumption.

The boiler will run happily on a 3 amp fuse so the maximum power draw according to ohms law is (assuming 240v) 720watts max.

The boiler uses nothing close to this. As for the puma it is no more or less of a power guzzler than most other boilers of it's era.....

Sponsored Links
@Powell, thanks for the info, I managed to blow the on board fuse which is a small 2amp cartridge fuse (got some spares at the motor factors) I replaced it and all working fine with new home made boiler controls featuring remote control using a mobile phone. :D

[quote="MsNakedMuse";p="1510007 home made boiler controls featuring remote control using a mobile phone. :D [/quote]

Care to tell us more?

What would you like to know................

Let me guess........ well first of all thanks to you all for your contributions on this forum, its nice to find some human nature........anyway the Puma's working fine on my home made controls mainly being controlled via two time lag switches, one set for ten mins and one set for 60 mins.

The idea being when needing to do the washing up hit the ten min one and proceed to run the hot water after a few mins then power is cut after a few more mins,thus saving energy by not forgetting to switch off. The hour one is for heat mainly, although still able to do the washing up at any point during this period.

Remote control is possible via cheap PAYG mobile phone set on vibrate placed on top of a Clapper. When the phone rings the Clapper is accitivated and switches on the boiler for for 12 mins, enough to take the chill off in the winter when leaving the local shops or getting off the tube.

Im presuming you have an electronic version then rather than the pilot version.

Seems alot of effort for little gain

It's a clap activated switch, apart from activating a connected appliance upon receiving a command from you via clapping your hands.

It can also activate upon sensing any sound i.e listening for burglars.

Just Google Clapper. JML do them among others, I paid £4.99 in Makro for mine.

It will only switch a maximum of 250watts and controls the Puma quite happily at this rating.

Its normal to leave the boiler powered all the time so hot water is provided whenever you turn on a hot tap!

The heating is controled by a thermostat and/or timeclock. Its the heating you can turn on remotely if you like the idea of that.

Some people are rather odd! I have just had a call from a man who has had no central heating for the last YEAR ! Remember we had a cold winter!

He has a water supply pipe leak and just turns on the mainst stopcock every 3-4 days to collect a little water!

He lives in a very expensive part of London, Hampstead !

Tony

@agile, just to remind you the Puma is a cheap Combi. If I try to run the hot water with the 'heating' off I would need to run the 'dead leg' of water until the boiler warms up enough to save boiling the kettle. I'm on a water meter the last bill for 6 MONTHS was £28.29. Thats for one cubic meter of water including waste water charge

Do you walk around the house in the dark to save electricity?

My water bill is usually about £600 per year.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back