Pump Noise on Central Heating Shut Down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Googled this as much as i can, but not found an answer. Also posted to grundfloss support, but did not receive an answer either.

So I fitted a Alpha2 Pump to replace my old pump who's bearings were going and making a hell of a noise and it was nice and silent with the added benefit of reduced electricity usage. Then added a Addy Magna Clean to protect the pump. The only place i could add it was directly infront of the pump. Everything was fine initially, however Ive noticed that when the heating switches off I get a ratt-a-tat-tat noise like a machine gun. I've cleaned the filter which had some magnatite on it and the noise went away for a while but has returned. Tank in the loft is not clean so i suspect there is a lot of magnatite floating around still and I suspect that the filter is getting gunked up.

Anyone know if the pump has a slippage clutch that would cause the noise in the event of it being driven on buy inertia in the water built up in the magnaclean?

ideas/thoughts?

Regards

D

Sponsored Links
Does your boiler have pump overrun? And if so, do you have a system bypass?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back