Pump Overrun Wiring - wire specification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I have got my floorboards up at the moment and someone mentioned I should put in a wire from the boiler site to the pump site in readiness for when I have to replace my old boiler with a condensing one (probably a year or so).

Could anyone advise whether this is good advice and if so what type of wire would I fit.

Cheers for any thoughts

Sam

Sponsored Links
A bit 1mm flat twin and earth or better a 1mm 3 core and earth as you may need a permanent live too.

Great - thanks very much for the info, I really appreciate it.

I'd have been very t'd off if I had to take the floorboards up again next year.

Cheers

Sam

Sponsored Links
FIne idea, but don't put your new cable in the same notches as your water or gas pipes!

What if the existing boiler is gravity and theres no cables at the airing cupboard?

2 or 3 cores would be great with a Vaillant :eek:

Run 2x 3 cores just incase! ;)

Definately a twin and earth and a seperate three and earth IF a cylinder is to be used in the future.

Many think its better to drill the joist for cables as that is easier and keeps them away from nails!

Tony

In fact dont put your wire in a notch at all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back