Pump running continuously

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Grundfos pump, Lifestyle LP522 controller. No over-run connection to boiler - should have one, but has never worked properly, so dis-connected.
New problem - pump runs, even tho no heating or hot water called for.
After a time with mains off, works ok for a day or two.
Intermittent problem with controller?
Do I need to buy a new one?

(Boiler is Glow-worm Micron, 12 yrs old, new main pcb a few years ago, works ok. Not a combi)

Sponsored Links
Where does your pump get its supply from if not the boilers pcb? More likely to be a zone valve fault.

I will be needing eight or nine ELV ( ie not mains operated ) motors to operate standard 2 port zone valves. A bespoke zone controller is being designed for the system in the renovation of a 400 year of grade II listed building and the use of ELV will permit the use of much smaller cables thus doing less damage to the fabric of the building.

Before I set to and make them is there an easily available unit that fits or comes close to this specification.

12 volt DC operation. ( 24 volt acceptable )

Micro switches to indicate
[1] fully open
[2] fully closed

Motor direction by change of polarity.

End stop switches to prevent motor over run ( with diodes to enable reversing out of over run )

Sponsored Links
I agree with 45yeargasman or there may be a stuck relay/contactor somewhere
Photos would be helpful
I will be needing eight or nine ELV ( ie not mains operated ) motors to operate standard 2 port zone valves. A bespoke zone controller is being designed for the system in the renovation of a 400 year of grade II listed building and the use of ELV will permit the use of much smaller cables thus doing less damage to the fabric of the building.

Before I set to and make them is there an easily available unit that fits or comes close to this specification.

12 volt DC operation. ( 24 volt acceptable )

Micro switches to indicate
[1] fully open
[2] fully closed

Motor direction by change of polarity.

End stop switches to prevent motor over run ( with diodes to enable reversing out of over run )

Hi bernard you can get 24v valves/actuators off the shelf (used mainly in industial/commercial)
you can apparently get ones that fit standard honeywell actuators too
http://www.nextag.com/honeywell-zone-valve-motor-24v/stores-html (I know, not a uk site)
http://www.sabre-spares.co.uk/heating_products/controls_heating_products.htm uk site
you're mistaken about using smaller cable though,the use of ELV usually means larger cable

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back