Purely hypothetical gas question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thought bubbled into my head, could a combi-boiler ever run off a tank of natural gas or less desirably a tank of LPG ? besides the health and safety implications of course.

Disclaimer: I have no intention of doing this

Sponsored Links
Boilers are routinely run on bulk tank LPG supplies. They need to have the appropriate jets and approvals.

I don't know of anyone using LNG for gas heating purposes.

Boilers are routinely run on bulk tank LPG supplies. They need to have the appropriate jets and approvals.

I don't know of anyone using LNG for gas heating purposes.

Is it cost effective compared to what it generally costs a home owner to buy LNG from the distributor ?

Sponsored Links
Most modern park homes use a LPG fed combi boiler

I'd like to speak to someone that has a gas fed combi in a house. It would be interesting to see the cost of buying LPG tanks and refilling them versus what the distributor charges + their 'standing charge'.

You don't buy an LPG tank, it is rented...LPG is a fair bit dearer than piped natural gas

If the network extends to your property, then it will always be cheaper to have mains gas than paying someone to deliver the gas and fill your tank. Imagine having a water supply pipe to your door, but paying for water to be delivered to your storage tank. Would always be much more expensive for delivery.

You don't buy an LPG tank, it is rented...LPG is a fair bit dearer than piped natural gas

Cheaper than renting a gas meter ?

Why does this surprise you? Someone has to build a base, get a pressure vessel to the location and pipe it to your property and take responsibility for its upkeep...Then you have to pay for a truck to come to your property and refill your cylinder, trucks aren't cheap and neither are their drivers...

Sponsored Links
Back