1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

PVC Front Door handle screws

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by iwaters, 2 Jul 2008.

1. iwaters

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I bought a replacement door handle for my front PVC door from B & Q. The handle fits ok except the screws it came with are not long enough. I can't find longer screws anywhere. I tried the screws from the old handle as well but they are too small in diameter.

They are about 4.75 diameter and need to be about 85mm long, they have a flat end and a pan-head. Does anyone know where I can get these from? I have tried Wickes, B & Q screwfix to no avail.

2. gregers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    try a locald/glazing firm or your local locksmith shop?

3. HandyHands

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Unusual for the screws to be too short - is your door excessively thick? The problem you'll have, is that the screw heads will be colour coded to the handle colour. Buying replacements you'll end up with either a brass/stainless screw. If I think of a supplier who may be able to help - I'll post details. You may want to consider taking the handles back, and buying a decent set from a UPVC firm or locksmith - or one of the many internet sites now offering these.