Pyronix enforcer: false alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have had 3 false alarms on my pyronix enforcer in the last 2 months and am not sure what caused them. After each one, the alarm symbol indicator on the control panel was not flashing, ie the control panel did not require unsetting after the alarm activation. There is also no alert on the control panel to indicate any battery is weak. Does anyone have any idea what I should get the alarm company to investigate? One other potential clue is that when I set the alarm with the fob, sometimes it sets in 15 seconds and sometimes in 5 seconds, which is wierd (should be 15 seconds).
thanks if anyone can help!

Sponsored Links
If it didn't need unsetting how do you know it has false alarmed ?

Hi, to clarify, the deltabell was sounding and the speech dialler called me as I was returning home. I switched off the alarm using my fob. Normally, after an alarm activation the alarm symbol on the control panel would be flashing, and I would need to type in the passcode into the control panel to return it to normal and switch off the flashing symbol, but not on those occasions. I checked the doors etc. and they were okay.

What speech dialer ? Is it separate or the inbuilt text dialer ? And is the bell hardwired or wireless ?

Sponsored Links
need to get to get it looked at.

1) it arms differently (in 5 or in 15 seconds)
2) the bell and dialler are triggered but no panel indication
the bell is wireless, and the dialler would require a wired output to trigger it.
so the cabling cant be interfering.

Is there anything recorded in the log around the time of the activations?

need to get to get it looked at.

1) it arms differently (in 5 or in 15 seconds)
2) the bell and dialler are triggered but no panel indication
the bell is wireless, and the dialler would require a wired output to trigger it.
so the cabling cant be interfering.

Is there anything recorded in the log around the time of the activations?

Hi, I am not sure how to access the logs but will get the engineer to check them. Thanks for setting out the issues clearly, which will help me to frame my questions to him.

Press B or No to scroll through until you get to review logs, press Yes

Panel logs, press Yes
B or D to scroll through and C for more information page 21 of the user manual section review logs.

Still probably best to get an engineer out, the enforcer has either a pstn or gsm modem as standard depending on which was purchased so wouldn't need a separate dialler?

The 5/15 sec issue may be to do with zones set as e/e and final door set not e/e eg door set as e/e and hall PIR set as e/e ( Pir asleep or not ) instead of pir set to e/route with part e/e....don't know your set up or zones so just a guess...

Okay can explain the setting with radio fob.

if you press and release the set button it starts to set.

if you press the set button again it sets in 4 seconds. (quick set) on Page 9 of the user Manual.

Actually says if you press and hold it does the quick set.

sounds like its registering two presses of the set button, or a long press, thats something you can play around with and confirm in a few minutes.

Thanks again for your help. The installer had a look at my setup and said that a PIR sensor in the dining room was off, which he switched back on. I also changed my wireless bellbox with a wired deltabell plus to reduce future maintenance. Do you think that should solve the false alarms? In terms of the long press or short press I wasn't able to easily replicate the 5s/15s issue.

Only time will tell.

Not privy to the actual work that was carried out, so dont know what you have been told/ what has actually been done, but the installer should have corrected any issues you had when they visited.

Just monitor and see what happens.

Only time will tell.

Not privy to the actual work that was carried out, so dont know what you have been told/ what has actually been done, but the installer should have corrected any issues you had when they visited.

Just monitor and see what happens.

Thanks, will do. One thing that occurred to me is that in the downstairs hallway I have a PIR facing the front door (about 15 feet away) and a door contact for that door. There is a time delay on the door contact and I think a delay on the PIR as I come in. Is there any issues with this setup that could cause a false alarm? thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back