Pyronix Enforcer installing a with a wired Texecom Bellbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Could anyone advise on the installation of the of a Texecom external wired sounder to the Enforcer control panel, it mentions that I need a resistor? as below

To create the bell tamper
circuit, a resistor is
required across 0V supply
and tamper circuit of the
bell box as shown in the
diagram, the value will
correspond to the value
selected in ‘WIRING
CHOICE’. If ‘4K7 alarm,
2K2 tamper’ is selected
then the value of the
resistor will be 2K2.

Any Help would be appreciated, has anyone on this forum done this before??

Regards,

Alex

Sponsored Links
Connect a 2k2 resistor in series with the tamper return wire from the bell box and connect the free end of the resistor to zone 33 on the hardwire interface board in the enforcer back box. Program zone 33 as tamper and give it a description like 'bell box tamper'

Don't forget to set the bell box to SCB mode.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, my system doesn't arrive until tomorrow, is it obvious where Zone 33 hardwire int will be on the back box, the installation guide diagram shows place the resistor between T and B- connections on the Bell Box, but doesn't mention anything about connecting to any Zones on the back box...??

CP Bell Box
D1 B1
D2+ B+
STRB STB
BELL BELL
Z1 T

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a first timer to installing an alarm systems, I would class myself as pretty savy in Tech though as I'm an IT consultant, who's had many years fixing and programming various forms of computer hardware and software systems.

Last edited:
It's easy enough to find. There are two PCBs in the back box of the panel, the digicom (larger PCB) and the hardwire interface (about 1" x 3") The wiring schedule you have posted is for the Pyronix Deltabell, your Texecom bell will have different connections. Also, the Z1 connection in your post has now been renamed Z33 on current enforcers (zones 1 to 32 are the wireless zones, 33 and 34 are the two wired zones onboard the panel)

Panel Bell

D2 12v - A
D1 Ov - D
Strb - S
Bell - B
Z33 - C

You'll need to connect a 2k2 resistor to the wire coming from the C terminal in the bell box. The remaining free end of the resistor goes to the Z33 terminal. Don't forget to program the zone as in my first post or else the panel will not respond to a bell tamper condition.

Sponsored Links
Hi Scott,

So the resistor doesn't terminate in the bell box as described in the manual, I just need to connect it between the Z33 terminal and the end of the wire that is connected to C in the bell box (All termination is done in the control panel?)

Also, another qq... the PSTN line only mentions A & B in the control panel, I presume that refers to 2 & 5 in the BT ( So I just need to find out which colour is 2 and which is 5 once I've cut of the RJ11 connection?)

I've always put the resistor in the panel, no real reason, just personal preference.

Yes, it's referring to 2 and 5 on the master socket extension connections. These connect to A and B on the digicom (the two with the telegraph pole icon underneath them)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back