Pyronix Sterling 10 - additional entry keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My customer has a Sterling 10 with the main entry at the front door with an Icon keypad.

They also want to use a new side door as an alternate means of entry/exit. Obviously there's no problem adding another door contact, but is it possible to have a second keypad to set/unset the alarm?

Thanks for your input!

Sponsored Links
Yes I do have the manual!

But
It only shows one single keypad with the connex to KD KT K+ and K-

but nothing on how to connect a second. Is it just in parallel with the first one, or does the link between KTR and K- come in to play.

Please share the secret, thanks a lot.

RINS210-2 Sterling 10 RKP LCD

Use the above, 1st hit on Google

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that, makes sense.

All I have to do is find a second MX-ICON keypad.
I've searched away on 'T wonderweb but can't find any. I may phone Pyronix in the morning, but do you have any ideas where I could get one?

Thanks again for your help.
It seems much nicer here than in the Electrics Forum ;)

I've been having a good look at all the options.

Think the best option would be to go for a new system. By the time I've messed around with an obsolete system. They could have something like a Scantronic 9651 with two 9943 keypads. They can then go for prox tags too.

Sounds like a plan?

Yes, I noticed that!
But cheaper than 2-3 hours of my expensive time.
Thanks for all your help. I'm happy to help on the sparkies forum, any time :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back