pyronix tmd 15

Sponsored Links
The regs are copyright.
You buy a copy with certain restrictions.
One being not passing them on or reprinting.
There are exceptions but here does not apply.

3. Under no circumstances is the Licensee permitted to reproduce all or part of any British Standard contained in the British Standards Online Service for external use or for use on any other site or group of sites, except as defined in 1 or 2 above.

Once again you show the ethos of many here, which is F*** the regs. Do as you want.
Either that or you cannot or did not read the agreement of you actually did buy the regs in the first place.

But your reply shows you also have a misunderstanding of the written word anyway.

Sponsored Links
I like the misquote.
Really its wonderful.

You could have at least been witty.

3. Under no circumstances is the Licensee permitted to reproduce all or part of any British Standard contained in the British Standards Online Service for external use or for use on any other site or group of sites, except as defined in 1 or 2 above.

But i can see the comedy is early today, so you lot carry on.

I`ll be having fun, cya later.

When using a confirmation detector such as the Pyronix TMD15, the
BS8243 clause 5.4.3 states that it should be declared at installation.
This would typically be with the URN application.

Deal with it.

re the regs, i thought however wrong i was, that these regs would be available foc on a website, with the option to purhcase a hard copy or a pdf version.

if the regs are to be obeyed, then i belive they should be made available free of charge on a website, however right or wrong that may sound.

if the regs are to be obeyed

Just remember though, BS's and codes of practice are not the law. From the BSI website "Standards are designed for voluntary use and do not impose any regulations." The standards demonstrate ways of complying with laws and regulations, but they are not the only way.

Lee, you might find that "regulations" apply, not to the general public doing DIY work on their own homes, but by people wishing to conform to the rules of an organisation to which they choose to belong, in order to qualify for the benefits of being members of that organisation.

For example, you might choose to join an organisation which gave you a fastrack to Planning Permission approvals, and it might be a rule of that organisation that under some circumstances you were required to roll up one trouser leg.

No person choosing not to join your organisation would have any obligation to roll up his trouser leg. If the fancy took him, he might, or might not, choose to do it voluntarily, but there would be no compulsion on him, and no penalty for not doing it.

Some of the things Alarm people like to call Regulations are like that. Look out for them trying it on.

Of course, if someone can show you a Law requiring you to roll up your trouser leg, or follow some other requirement, then you would have an obligation to follow it.

edit: Denso types faster than me, but does not share my literary style :p

cheers lads, yes i understand they dont apply to diy, they were just something i wanted to read over in my spare time.

For example here
The regs are copyright.
the words imply that he is talking about regulations you are obliged to follow, but the context shows that he is talking about British Standards, which are not regulations.

If you want to read some BS documents, ask at your local library. You've already paid through your Council Tax.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back