pyronix tmd 15

Sponsored Links
re the regs, i thought however wrong i was, that these regs would be available foc on a website, with the option to purhcase a hard copy or a pdf version.

if the regs are to be obeyed, then i belive they should be made available free of charge on a website, however right or wrong that may sound.
welcome to the world of EN/BSI.
It ain't just one document either.

if the regs are to be obeyed

Just remember though, BS's and codes of practice are not the law. From the BSI website "Standards are designed for voluntary use and do not impose any regulations." The standards demonstrate ways of complying with laws and regulations, but they are not the only way.
Indeed.
It does get a little murky though with some of them.
The classic being 7671, again whilst not 'The Law', failure to follow it (or equivalent) could, if heaven forbid, something serious went wrong, leave you standiing in the dock rather than the naughty step.

When using a confirmation detector such as the Pyronix TMD15, the
BS8243 clause 5.4.3 states that it should be declared at installation.
This would typically be with the URN application.
Deal with it.

A DIY installation is unlikely to be a monitored alarm, and very unlikely to qualify for a URN. Some professional systems will qualify

police attendance
Monitored intruder and panic attack alarms
All new applications will only qualify for a URN and Police response if the security system is installed to the current required standard (PD6662 /BS EN50131)

I believe that Lee is talking about a DIY installation in his own home.

Sponsored Links
I see the chuckle brothers are at it still.

I do believe most of your amusing anecdotes were covered in the earlier posts.
The rest a simple ( As per the arguments attempted to be made) waste of time and space.
At all times it was obvious it is a DIY job, painfully so. From the various questions asked elsewhere so the posted can look a "bit clever" on here. Shame it failed.
But to the point as mentioned it is not one document. Rather a few which can be................................

To carry on here with this, the foolish led by the 3 monkeys is a waste of my time.
So have fun.
I did today, not worrying about how you lot argue to decide whom is correct or not. The ones in the know , know we are
;)

Does anybody know what value Alarm hoped to add by that?

"At all times it was obvious it is a DIY job, painfully so. From the various questions asked elsewhere so the posted can look a "bit clever" on here. Shame it failed"

id like to know if that refers to me before i comment,

Alarm doesn't seem to like DIYers.

He might be happier on a different forum. Look at the name of this one.

im not even a diyer i hate it lol

but techonlogy cctv and alarm systems interest me, even more so after i recently purchased my alarm syste, having never even set one before.

my main interst is pcs (building and fixing) having used windows since 3.1 and before the days of the interent, this interst spilled over into technoloy (cctv etc)

he does not like ebay, despite my equipment all been brand new except for a key pad, all bout from registered buisness sellers on ebay, all at bargin prices.
i now (or will) have a top of the range alarm system with quality conpoments (just like in the pc building)

as stated many many weeks ago the breif was to get a top spec alarm system, at bargin prices and so far its worked just fine system is coming in well under budget.

Alarm doesn't seem to like DIYers.

He might be happier on a different forum. Look at the name of this one.

You will find I assist and give "fixes".

What exactly have you done on here recently apart from make posts which have nothing to do with the threads other than to provoke a response?

The classic being 7671, again whilst not 'The Law', failure to follow it (or equivalent)
I agree, but as you say, even 7671 is not the be all and end all. There are other ways of complying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back