quad LNB connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we, until this year had sky in the lounge, now we have virgin, I have currently jerry rigged the sat feed along the old TV aerial cable for the bedroom, whilst this works, its not ideal, and the signal loss is huge, and it is unwatchable in bad weather..

So, if I put a new cable into the dish (it has 2 spare connections) as there is no box downstairs, would this have to connect to number 1, or can the LNB be powered through any of the connections?

Sponsored Links
To be able to watch TV in other rooms, my aerial is not right for digital TV, so I'm using the dish for freesat for the TV in the bedroom and other rooms.

It's not powered from "one" single socket. A Quad LNB is four single LNBs in one. So each socket requires power from the connected satellite box or Freesat TV.

Sponsored Links
Chris, a quad-output LNB will take power from any output. It doesn't need more than one to be connected.

You can connect the good cable (e.g. WF100) to any of the outputs. Weatherproof the others with Blu-Tack.

No, you misunderstood what I wrote. I was replying to his question "Do I have to put power into output 1" to which I replied that's it's like four separate LNBs. IOW you can power any.

magic, thanks, outputs 2 and 3 are in use in other rooms, I needed to use 4 to get the upstairs (one being the exsisting lounge connection) so all are connected/waterproofed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back