question about tiling Boxed in bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SEE PICS BELOW

I am re-tiling my boxed in bath after having to remove original to fix a leak.
Before i had to remove the full tiled bath panel to gain access (meaning removal of the sink and unit too, so this time was looking to tile bath panel so that i could just remove half of panel for access to under the bath.

I have not got a clue which way to do this, i have a chrome tile trim to fit also and do not know best way to go ahead with this.

Initially i thought about tiling the top of the box fitting the chrome trim, and then tiling the new bath panel afterwards. But have hit a few stumbling blocks, i am mostly confused in what way to fit the chrome trim, also if i want to half the bath panel would i need to half the tile trim. Or is their a better/ easier way of fitting the trim.

any advice much appreciated

ps thats the old bath panel in pictures ;)
99D10BC9-CF32-490E-A4C4-5DD467DC3A11-617-000000687D49B303.jpg

958D1FA3-1BD0-47AA-AB34-F23A9CE548A8-617-000000682FCC26AA.jpg

F9DB0A09-A54D-43B6-BF79-F2730A2938FD-617-000000684797B8A2.jpg

4CDBBED8-2BBB-4E53-BDCE-EEDCDE017B2F-617-00000068737EF37D.jpg

06CEF1FC-BDD4-45D3-BCA7-137999B9BD6A-617-000000685289E292.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just fit a magnetic access panel to the bath panel...they come is a range off sizes to suit your tile size....

Google the above...there are loads on the market and very easy to fix..

Any advice on fittin the tile trim ?
this is not that's confusing me more !
Cheers

Fit it the way you have it in your last pic...(run tiled bath panel up underneath it...

Piece in backer boards around the edge off bath ontop off the ply you have there...

And use a good sealant around wall/bath tile....Dow cornering ect..

Sponsored Links
Cheers think i got plan of attack in order now cheers for the comments,
ps what and why do you use backer board ??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Only other thing in fact is whilst tiling up to the trim from the floor should I
Leave a gap for the silicone so as I can get panel off without disturbing top tiles???

Because you can see water damage. On the ply in your pics either replace with b/boards or over board with it,use a b/board for your bath panel also...

Once you fit your access panel in the position where you can get to stopcocks ect....you won't need to remove the whole bath panel!!

Google....cement based backer boards.....aquapanel/hardie b/boards ect....!!

And do a little reading/research....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back