Quick fix cooling for Conservatory roof, before replacing...?

There should be a vapour barrier on the warm side of the insulation - that is, a plastic sheet between the plasterboard and the insulation. If you use Kingspan/Celotex and seal it properly (tape or expanding foam), the foil backing can provide the vapour barrier. That's how you stop warm moist air getting into the void. It's then a good idea to provide ventilation to the void from outside, so that any mosture that does get in there (from below or from leaks) can be dispersed.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Why don't you guys take advantage of all that solar heat and fit an array of solar collector tubes in the space?

Mine are in the open on the roof and on a sunny day the 160 litre preheat tank is hitting 60 c.

Just curious - would solar collectors work better inside a hot conservatory roof, or outside?

. Seal the plasterboard well and you can't get any - it's just not possible.
What about moisture migration from other places? I bet you a pound to a penny that there was no CT installed when the conny roof went on.

Sponsored Links
Vacuum tube solar collectors work pretty well in the open air or inside a conservatory, even on a cloudy day, as I discovered when I burned by fingers while handling a collector tube that my supplier was showing me inside his conservatory on a cloudy day!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back