Quick Fuse question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fuse on my PCB for a Glowworm 18hxi has blown.

I appreciate that I may not just be able to replace the fuse and it all work. There is likely a reason the Fuse has blow, but I'll give it a shot first.

The fuse says T2E250V on it. This means nothing to me....nor google apparently. And the Glowworm manual says nothing either.

What fuse do I need to buy?

Sponsored Links
well you might as well let the rgi worry about the fuse , you,ll be lucky if just fuse so you have to find what caused the fuse to go which will need testing components

T = slow blow, 2 = amperage, E = range above / below rating the fuse will fail, 250v = maximum voltage

Sponsored Links
For the common 20 mm fuses there are two normal types.

So for 2 amp they are F2 and T2 meaning fast blow and time delay.

You can use fast blow in place of time delay but then risk spurious blowing from short surges which would not normally blow a "T" rated fuse.

But in your case the fuse will have blown due to an overload. Most likely to be from the pump in your case.

You can buy the manufacturer's fuse as a spare part for about £4 or a generic T2 fuse for about 30p from an electronic component supplier or TV shop which does repairs.

Only very naive people ever expect replacing a fuse will effect a permanent repair.

Tony

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back