Quick Plastic Inspection Chamber question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when connecting up to a plastic IC, say for example a WC and a couple of gullies dose the WC have to connect into the "straight through"?

The reason I ask is after reading this:

"When using the component (Inspection Chamber) as a 90˚change of direction the main through channel should always be used. To achieve a 90˚ change in direction insert a 45˚ Short Radius Bend (4D163) into the main inlet and outlet."

Or could the WC go into a side inlet and use the straight through for one of the gullies?

Any help appreciated! :)

Sponsored Links
I dont see why one of the side connections cant be used, although the main issue with that setup is waste fouling the benching/unused inlets on the opposite side to the W.C. connection. If you are only making connections on one side then may be advisable to use the channel covers on the unused side. (These are 'handed' so make sure you purchase the correct side!)

Use of 45deg bends/straight through connections as advised may be to prevent loss of velocity of flow in the drain, as well as avoiding fouling of the benching as mentioned. I would check with Building Control Officer as to their preference, they may not pass the work if they have any concerns.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back