quick question regarding going over new plaster

I thought WBA needed to be on 24 hours..
no its the one advantage it has over bluegrit and bondit,ive used all3 but i have now seen on filthyturks post hes thinking about buying plasprime which i have never used so ive googled it and it says on their site to use sbr on chalky or high suction backgrounds which you dont have to with the other 3 suchttp://www.sovchem.co.uk/plasprime.htmltion
which reminds me of last year i came across a contractor last year who had premixed bluegrit with sbr and he had already put it on the walls for me to skim, when i questioned the colour of it he told me that he had put sbr in it, it threw me at first because ive never seen or heard of it being done before, but i skimmed it and it worked quite well

Sponsored Links
Funny that is, recommended it in another thread last week, guy went out and got it then read the instructions, said wait 24hours.

Funny that is, recommended it in another thread last week, guy went out and got it then read the instructions, said wait 24hours.

I think the key (pun not intended) is when it is physically ready rather than a specific time - I have used bondit in areas where it has not been ready for a couple of days (concrete cells with very little air flow) and a few hours (in the summer on ceilings with good air flow).

WBA seems to set a lot quicker - so to cover ourselves I suppose 'minimum time as specifed' for those who can't know from experience how it should be.

Sponsored Links

I think the key (pun not intended) is when it is physically ready rather than a specific time - I have used bondit in areas where it has not been ready for a couple of days (concrete cells with very little air flow) and a few hours (in the summer on ceilings with good air flow).

WBA seems to set a lot quicker - so to cover ourselves I suppose 'minimum time as specifed' for those who can't know from experience how it should be.

Like I've said in other posts, I don't use this brand, in fact Wicks is miles from here. But the other day I remember someone went out to get some and stated 24 hour was on the can.....

That wasn't drunken XBlack Ted that read the label wrong was it peaps? Show him the pic from Steves reply,, it does what it says on the tin,, "dries in 2-4 hours". ;)

That wasn't drunken XBlack Ted that read the label wrong was it peaps? Show him the pic from Steves reply,, it does what it says on the tin,, "dries in 2-4 hours". ;)

no drama it was sixshooters post I miss read.

Just back with the WBA from wickes ..it says on the tub to "allow 2-4 hours for drying " .would it be ok to apply it today and then plaster tomorrow as i want to key the area and take out some skirting today so would prefer to plaster it tomorrow .. If this is ok will i need to add any-think else to the walls other than the WBA before i plaster it ?

Thanks

Just keep to the 24 hour. you won't need to add anything else but I would wash down the wall, sugar soap works well. Before you apply the WBA that is.

I always try and leave stuff 24 hours, even if it says you dont need too. I try and work jobs so i can nip in the afternoon/morning before for 20 mins and glue it up, then its on and has plenty of time to dry. The when you do the work, if pva the a quick watery one over the top when you get there, then by the time you've knocked up, cup of tea etc...its ready to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back