Quiet extraction for small bathroom and cooker hood.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :D

I'd appreciate some guidance on the right way of doing this...

I want a quiet extractor fan for my small bathroom, mounted in the ceiling because there is not enough external wall space - I'll vent this via the roof from the ceiling in the shower area.

I also want to vent the kitchen cooker hood through the same roof vent if possible. The cooker hood will be about 2.5m away from the shower.

How best would you achieve this? Or are there better ways of going about it?

Thanks! :D

Sponsored Links
If you want efficient and quiet then the Soler & Palau
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Ventilation_Index/Soler_TD_Silent/index.html
are pretty good stuff. But not cheap. But then you get what you pay for. Don't expect to get a West End fan at East End prices.

As for the kitchen fan. I would keep them separate. The kitchen fan is likely to be 125mm and the bathroom would be 100mm, so that's your first problem.
Then you have to stop the kitchen fan pumping chip smells into the bathroom, and stop the bathroom pumping poo smells into the kitchen. You can sometimes achieve this using backdraft flaps, but they aren't perfect.
[/url]

Thank you. I'll get the bathroom sorted out first and then the kitchen using separate vents.

If I have any ongoing problems with my backdraft flaps I'll certainly point them in your direction! :!:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back