Quiet Fill Toilet Cistern Takes Ages To Fill.. Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again all,

More advice needed please.....

I have a quiet fill toilet cistern which takes ages to fill, at first it filled fairly quickly, but now it is so slow. It normally takes about an hour to hour & half to fill now.

Can someone please let me know the best plan of attack on this one, is it quite common with an easy fix or is it going to be a complete change of plush assembly.

If images are needed just say as I can get some taken

Many thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
is it fed from tank or mains ?

if it did fill quicker then its either the feed pipe water flow has been reduced by an isolation valve or stopcock or the inlet filters blocked. :idea:

Hi & thanks for the speedy reply,

It seems to be fed from the tank rather than the mains supply, where the flow wasn't lightening fast originally but alot quicker than it is now.

If it is the inlet filters blocked would that be easily fixed or would it be better to get just a normal flush system rather than one of the quiet flush ones.

Thanks again for your help

Ian

just remove the inlet pipe to the fill valve and check the filter in the end of fill valve.

Sponsored Links
yes you can use the fliudmaster valve.

if you plan on buying that kit with the flush valve aswell then they both willbe ok.

that flush valve is the same as the macdee arcadia which is a very reliable flush valve.

Hi again all, its the pain in the arse DIY destroyer here....

Well I have fitted the new FluidMaster Flust System that I received today to find that the inlet water doesn't come out of the side nozzle like it should. Instead it just flows over the top of the inlet pipe... :confused: :confused:

Also where the back part of the toilet cistern sits on top of the bottom bowl, every time I flush water just rushes out where the two join, even though it is fairly tight & there is a doughnut shape rubber ring between the two.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ian

Hi again all, its the pain in the a**e DIY destroyer here....

Well I have fitted the new FluidMaster Flust System that I received today to find that the inlet water doesn't come out of the side nozzle like it should. Instead it just flows over the top of the inlet pipe... :confused: :confused:
thats correct.
Also where the back part of the toilet cistern sits on top of the bottom bowl, every time I flush water just rushes out where the two join, even though it is fairly tight & there is a doughnut shape rubber ring between the two.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ian

the do-nuts probably had its day and needs replacing.
you'll be quite suprised how they are 1" thick when new and 1/4 that after a few yrs being squashed.

Hi Seco,

When the water from the inlet flows over the top of the of the inlet pipe, the float that rises with the water should in theory shut of the water once it reaches a certain height, is this correct ?? If so then it doesn't for some reason... Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Ian

PS I will buy a new doughnut

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back