Quiet vs noisy bathroom light pull switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new (3 years ago) bathroom light pull switches are very noisy and there are many old threads here enquiring after quiet switches. Well, here is some information. I can't verify it as I haven't ordered them yet but found another forum where these were suggested as the quietest on the market. They don't seem to do a 1 way version, only this 2 way but it will do the job. I'm putting the link in for ease of lookup for anyone still interested. I'm not plugging this supplier as I have never used them and if you search on 'superswitch' you will find other suppliers.
http://cpc.farnell.com/superswitch/sw53/switch-ceiling-2-way/dp/PL10481
It will be some time before I fit and test (many other jobs), but if anyone beats me to it, an update would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Just rung MK to find out more on this switch. He was EXTREMELY UNHELPFUL.

I gave my name and the company I work for & told him I was looking on the MK site for this pullcord switch. I was told that we don't sell to the public (I gave him my company name, remember?) and you won't find any information on the website because it is being developed. He asked why I wanted this information so I told him I was looking for a switch with a quiet operation.

Some, I told him, are noisier than others. He disputed this, telling me they all make the same noise because they're all made to the same British Standard.

I think that's the worst bit of customer service I've had in a while.

If you're reading this, MK, you need to pull your socks up. Looks like your customer service has done down the same toilet hole as your product quality.

Sponsored Links
EDIT: Oh, that's the same as 40 watt spark's!
Yes and I'd already said
They don't seem to do a 1 way version, only this 2 way but it will do the job.
But thanks for all the other info / suggestions guys.

Sorry, in my mind I read it as 'will it do the job?' Which was daft of me! :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back