Quietfloor premium+ soundproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was thinking of trying the above to soundproof my parting wall as the walls are that thin I can hear the neighbours have a full conversation from my own living room, bedroom etc. A recent series of diy sos the big build used something very similar and the demonstration of it was fantastic however, the company that installs it quoted me £2500 per wall, £10,000 in total which i dont want to pay that much as i can do the work myself. Any ideas if the quietfloor would be good on walls? I currently did a stud wall in my bedroom with 50mm sound insulation board, resilient bars & 2 layers of 15mm acoustic plasterboard with a soundproof membrane sandwiched between but i can still her the neighbours so i wanted to try something different, that works. Link for the soundproofing demo: "youtube.com/watch?v=DQwxH5xz2_s&sns=em"

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Stud wall 'not' touching the existing wall, rockwool slabs full fill, 2 layers plasterboard, skim, acoustic sealant the perimeter.
Will handle anything domestic.

Stud wall 'not' touching the existing wall, rockwool slabs full fill, 2 layers plasterboard, skim, acoustic sealant the perimeter.
Will handle anything domestic.

Brilliant, thanks for that. How do you stop the rockwool slabs from falling out of the new stud wall and dropping into the cavity between the existing wall?

You can stuff the rockwool against the wall, as it won't transmit sound, so for example using 3" studs spaced 1" from the wall, you can use 4" rockwool, touching the wall.
The studs fix top and bottom to floor and ceiling plates of the same size, skirting and coving will need removing/redoing.

Sponsored Links
You can stuff the rockwool against the wall, as it won't transmit sound, so for example using 3" studs spaced 1" from the wall, you can use 4" rockwool, touching the wall.
The studs fix top and bottom to floor and ceiling plates of the same size, skirting and coving will need removing/redoing.

Would you use resilient bars, spanning the studs to fix the plasterboard to or fix them directly to the studs?

If the studs are fixed to the walls (battens usually) then use resibar. If the stud wall is not touching the party wall, then the plasterboard is already isolated from party wall so resibars not necessary.

I am in the process of planning some similar soundproofing after every other attempt at trying to get my neighbours to be more considerate has failed.
Just wondering how it went and what system you went for in the end.
I was going to use resilient bars despite using an independent wall also in the hope this would help prevent the transmission of their slamming doors.

I was also wondering if i do all this how likely the noise is to just flank through the walls either side of the part wall?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back