quote help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,i have been asked to retro fit perco closers and smoke seal to doors already fitted.Whilst not wanting to overcharge the guy i dont want to give it away either as he has had his share of .."can you just do that whilst you have your chopsaw set up.." and only paying for the quoted job. and wondered what the going rate is regards carl

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
its ok fellas,i'm a time-served chippy with thirty years in the game! I seem to have lost out on a few jobs lately for being "expensive" compared to some others,but unlike some dont go back to the customer with the "i didnt quote for that bit" unless its a genuine extra,seemingly losing out to quotes that in the end , end up dearer.This job was one where it has taken on after a building company really have done a shockingly bad job,the customer has run his fund pot down and needs fixed pricing to get the job signed off.I used to do a lot of sub-contract work and used to know the acceptable prices to charge and remain reasonably competative,but no longer.The doors all have to be taken off,stripped of furniture etc,10mm groove cut in,re-hung with new perco fitted and can only be worked on in in one room,theyre fd30 and theres about 14 of the beasts regards carl

Sponsored Links
Back