Quotes!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you guys post a reply that includes multi-quotes.....if you know what I mean. For instance if Joe-90 places a post that contains 3 or 4 points that I would like to reply too how are you able to show the quote with a reply followed by the next qoute with a reply etc. etc

Sponsored Links
Carruthers said:
How do you guys ....if you know what I mean.

aspley said:
How do you guys post a reply that includes multi-quotes.....if you know what I mean. For instance if Joe-90 places a post that contains 3 or 4 points that I would like to reply too how are you able to show the quote with a reply followed by the next qoute with a reply etc. etc

How the latter appeared in edit ... (sort of ;) )
[quote="aspley"]How do you guys post a reply that includes multi-quotes.....if you know what I mean. For instance if Joe-90 places a post that contains 3 or 4 points that I would like to reply too how are you able to show the quote with a reply followed by the next qoute with a reply etc. etc[/quote]

At the lower left side of edit window you should find similar to this :-

Options
HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

... right clicking the blue text gets you this :- //www.diynot.com/forums/help.php?mode=bbcode Explains a little.
:rolleyes:

Here are some quoty bits:

Someone said:
something

Another person said:

And here's the exact text that I posted to create those quoty bits:

[code:1]
Someone said:
something

Another person said:
[/code:1]

And here's a quote without anyone's name preceding it:

The cat sat on the mat.

The text for that looks like this:

[quote]The cat sat on the mat.[/quote]

That's really useful ...thanks Softus......I presume you just copy and paste longer text you wish to quote?

Sponsored Links
aspley said:
I presume you just copy and paste longer text you wish to quote?
Whatever floats your boat.

Personally I loathe cutting/copying and pasting - I just put the cursor in the place I want and type the letters "[/quote]" after it.

Press the quote button on the post that you wish to quote from.
This brings up the whole post and you then delete what you don't want but you must leave the "tags" as they are.

Practice on a few posts on this thread and you will get the hang of it. :D

Thanks Guys.......have been using these newly acquired skills to reasonable effect on 'speeding' thread....Ta

Sponsored Links
Back