Radiator flow/return pipe problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey peps.

Maybe one of you could help me out. i've moved into a new place(but old house) and some of the work done is a bit of a DIY disaster.

Basically i wanted to change my radiators. Is it possible to find out which is the Flow pipe and which one is the Return pipe, so i can maker sure the pipes goes to the right end.

Does it matter which end i put the Thermostatic Radiator Valve on the radiator?? and would it matter if the Thermostatic Radiator Valve was connect to the return pipe, or does it need to be on the flow pipe?

would be great if someone can help!!

Sponsored Links
A long as you get bi-directional TRV's (most are) it doesnt matter at all which side of the rad they go on.

If you want them on the flow to find out which is which just turn your heating on from cold and feel which pipe gets hot first.....the one that gets hot quickest is your flow.

I really wouldnt worry about it too much though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back