Radiator on the wrong side of the motorised valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping I may be able to get some help on this.... I've had an extra bedroom put on the side of my house. The plumber who installed the radiator for me did the radiator and went home.

Problem is, that I think the radiator has been connected on the wrong side of the motorised valve. The radiator gets hot when the hot water is on, but the heating is off i.e. the hot water flowing to the cylinder coil is also going through this radiator too! It's also worth pointing out that the radiator works correctly when the heating is on.

Could I add another morotised valve (Connected to the other motorised valve so they will work in tandem) to shut off the flow to the radiator? Or, do I need to get a different plumber to re-do the job?

Thanks,

Andy.

Sponsored Links
You mention "the plumber who installed the radiator for me" !

Clearly he did not connect it at the correct place in the system!

He has connected it before the motor valve(s). Bathroom towel rads are often connected that way so that they are always on whenever the boiler is on.

You need the rad connected to the heating system so that it is controlled by the heating time clock and room stat!

Call him back to do the job properly!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back