Radiator Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A relatively new radiator has stopped working. The heat can be felt coming to the pipe connected to the radiator but does not seem to be able to pass in to the rad?
Seeing as this is a new rad, is it possible the thermostat on the radiator is faulty? and is it a big job to remove and replace??
All others in the house are O.K. and all have been bled.

Sponsored Links
Take the top off and tap the pin to start with, that might fix it.

As above, you could also change the head with another valve (if the same make) to see if its the head or the valve.

And while your at it, just make sure the lockshield valve on the radiator has not been turned off.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm no plumber but this happened to me a couple of years ago with a new radiator - it just would not heat and when I tried to bleed it nothing came out of the bleed nipple, no air nor water. I then realised after playing for hours with the TRV and valve that the manufacturer had spray painted the radiator and this paint had formed a seal inside the bleed hole and by sticking a pin/paper clip in the hole breaking this paint seal voila everything worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back