radiators getting warm when only hot water required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am getting hot rads when the boiler is set to supply only hot water to the tank.
The electronic valves are working correctly.
It appears to be syphoning back through the system on the return to the boiler.
Question: can I fit a 22mm non return valve into the return pipe which comes back from the radiators, or will this overwork my circulating pump or impede the flow to much??????????????????

Thanks for your help :D

Sponsored Links
If it was working ok before, changing the system is obviously not the answer; you need to find the problem and remove it, not fight the symptoms.

Thanks for that info. The system has been altered and the boiler moved. I am just now trying to rectify this one small problem. I have only noticed it since the weather became warm and the heating was no longer required.

You can fit a check valve to stop the reverse circulation..the trick is knowing where to fit it.

Sponsored Links
Tell the installer to make the hot water return connection as close to the boiler as possible.
And if it doesn't solve the problem, the installer says: " you told me to do this and it didn't work, you'll have to pay for the rest of the work".

NEVER tell an engineer how to do his job.

Ben,you are full of it!
Why wouldn't it work?
It's either the zone valves or the location of the hw return connection.
And,as Pete clearly states that the valves are okay,and by my theory of deduction,leaves only one suspect.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth my dear boy!

Ben,you are full of it!
Why wouldn't it work?
Blockage, some sort of restriction, faulty valve or whatever.
Simple fact of the matter is: you tell me to do X, you pay me to do X, whatever the result.
You don't like that principle, you shut up and let me do my job; it's that simple.

You tell me to shut up?
You get the f@%k out my house before i throw you out!
Blockages normally prevent circulation where i come from,stop giving me excuses and pack your tools up sonny!
Your fired!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back