Rainwater into garage drain into underground 110mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im planning to install a channel drain in front of my garage, fed from 1 end by a rainwater downpipe that will run water through the channel then back into a 110mm underground pipe that connects to the drainage system.

I just wanted to check where I need to put any gullies/traps?

I was going to put a bottle trap at the bottom of the downpipe before it enters the channel drain, Is there any need to put more than that in after it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

Sponsored Links
I don't understand what you mean by a bottle trap on the rainwater downpipe.

With the end of your channel connected to the drain via a trap (either as part of the channel system or as a separate fitting) that is the only trap I would expect you to need.

I don't like rainwater pipes discharging above a grating and would recommend that your RWP enter the channel below the channel grating. Some channels allow a rainwater pipe connection below the grating at the the very end of the channel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back