Raised Conservatory Floor Base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I would appreciate some advice.
We are having a conservatory basework done and the floor needs to be 300mm above ground level to be in line with the back door.
The builders have built the requisite dwarf walls taking into account the raised floor. They are now building the floor and have attached a wooden frame to the brickwork and the back of the house that is level with the back door. They have put 100mm polystyrene block in between the joists and there is a gap under this which is just earth. Is this sufficient to insulate a floor so our sun room can be used all year round. we intend to tile and use underfloor heating. I am a building novice but will the wooden joists rot as they will (might?) be subject to moisture from the earth underneath as the temp drops and increases (i don't know about this)
Any advice will be gratefully received..What i dont want is a room that loses lots of heat through the floor ..or a floor where the joists have rotted in 10 years and need replacing.
With Thanks

Sponsored Links
A conservatory will never be suitable for all year use, it'll be cold in the depths of winter and boiling at the height of the summer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back