Ramp suggestions please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to drive my 4x4 plus horse trailer off the drive onto my garden so I can turn it around and park back on the drive. Currently the lawn/field I have to drive onto is about 30cm higher than the drive. There is a bit of an earth ramp, so I can get up but it is beginning to get rutted.

I guess the current angle of attack is about 30 degrees.

Ideally I would like to construct a ramp, and maybe extend it onto the drive a bit to make it a bit shallower. Has to be strong enough to take the weight of a large 4x4.

Any suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
Depends on what you are after. I'd dig off the top soil, leave to one side. Then depending on your final ramp size dig out and area to put in some hardcore. About 150mm should be okay. Put some turf grid back on the surface and reuse your topsoil. Reseed after a while with grass then it'll look fairly similar.
Just put turf grid into any online bidding site to see what they are. May need to pin the grids depending on your final gradients

Can't really tell how big the area is but I would get it scraped out with a digger then chuck stone in, wouldn't put any soil back on the stone, it will eventually green over anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back